Your cart is currently empty.
Virginia farmers hail hemp as the next big cash crop says WFXR
"RICHMOND, Va. - There’s a lot of buzz about hemp these days. Changes in the law are planting new opportunities for Virginia farmers and consumers.
Congress decided to no longer treat hemp like pot, but instead like a crop. While hemp and marijuana are cousins: Hemp contains very low levels of THC, the chemical that gets you high.
Many farmers see it as the next big cash crop with numerous new product possibilities for all of us. With any new opportunity, there is also a risk.
"There are very few times in life that you can get involved in something this early and this new," says Rockingham County Farmer Glenn Rodes."
Environmental Benefits of Hemp
1. Hemp Breathes in Co2
2. Hemp Regenerates the Soil
3. Hemp Supports Sustainable Farming
4. Help Against Pesticides
5. Hemp Prevents Soil Erosion
6. Hemp Needs Little Water
7. Nothing goes to waste with Hemp
8. Hemp Absorbs toxic Metals
9. Hemp Provides a Habitat for Wildlife
10. Hemp can help in the fight against deforestation
"If you're wondering how do you weed through what's a good quality product and what's not, here’s a list of tips:
1. Has the product been tested by a third party lab?
When purchasing any CBD product check the packaging to see if it has tested by a 3rd party laboratory. If it has been tested, then lab reports for that product should be readily available somewhere on the company’s website.
2. Was the analysis performed by an accredited lab?
Make sure that they are accredited in accordance with the (ISO) International Organization for Standardization. This means the lab meets certain standards and operates under certain guidelines that are approved and monitored by a governing body.
3. Does the CBD product contain 0.3% THC or less?
This is the amount considered legal and safe in most states.
4. What ingredients the product contains
If not listed, that's a red flag.
5. How was the CBD extracted from the hemp?
There are several methods for extracting CBD; however, CO2 extraction is the standard because it is safe and delivers a pure end product."